Sunday.
I woke up around 9am, which for me was sleeping in. To everyone else in my apartment... well, let's just say they were all asleep. Perfect time to sneak a shower; after all, I do share my bathroom with five other girls. When I come out of the bathroom, my door is closed... and locked. With my room key inside, along with my contacts, my shoes, my phone... basically anything that might come in handy. So I ram on the door, screaming at my roommate Ashley to wake up ("Awaken, awaken! Let me in!"), but to no avail. I assume then that she is not inside. Next option. I barefootedly and wethairedly leave my apartment and ram on the Resident Assistant's door... she doesn't hear me... after all is only about 10am. Too early for the average college kid to be awake anyway. Back to my apartment... excitement!!! One of my roommate/apartmentmates is awake! Rachel tried her key, but it didn't work (should have been obvious, but it was worth a try). So... I left to try and wake the RA again, and again to no avail. Alas! As I reenter my apartment, out yonder by my room appears -- Ashley! Aparently she slept through my desperate attempts to get in my room. Haha. I now will take my keys to the shower with me. :D
We went to church as a hall, and then we came back... most of my roommates left, so it was just Rachel, Hillary, and I. Being the strange creatures we are, we discussed how useful a poltergeist would be... and that we would bribe it with brownies so that it would torture our roommates instead of us. We continued this conversation by IMing Rachel's cousin Cynthia... who didn't know what a poltergeist was.
Then...
BANG BANG BANG!!! Someone knocking at our door! We immediately suspect poltergeists, but in kidding. I bolt to the hallway door, and peep out the eyehole... no one! No one at all!!! So... the three of us, slightly freaked out, run to our kitchen door, and alas! No one there either. Now that our freak out factor has been raised to paranoid level, we decide to check the hall door again... this time we actually open it. And... the ground yields and poltergeist-y surprise. Brownies. On the ground.
Coincidence? We thought not! We were just talking about how wonderful a poltergeist would be, and how we would make our poltergeist brownies, and suddenly a poltergeist yields up brownies as an initiative offering of alliance! But for those non-believers, the brownies and the poltergeist had an alibi. With man handwriting! Ahhhh! And the handwriting said something about the brownies being a gift from the shippmates in a particular room in a neighboring man's dorm. And! There were initials on there. In awkward cursive!
We were not at all impressed at the intrigue and mystery, and had to know WHO had left us brownies if not the poltergeist (who I am now a firm believer in). Hillary, being the resourceful sidekick she is, remembered about the freshman academy directory... and quickly identified the culprits. Two bakers and... a sustainer. Slightly disappointed at them being guys and not poltergeists, we headed off to a hall meeting and a ward prayer.
Back from the activities, we sit down and start chomping on the brownies, having identified the culprits and confronted them at ward prayer (one of which asked my roommate Jackie on a date, haha), felt safe enough to finish off the plate. As we ingested the large amount of sugar (after fasting no less), we undoubtedly and expectedly became very silly and hyper although it was kind of late. And sadly, I have to admit the sillyness started with careless mumble of, "Mmmmmm... manbrownies...". This of course resulted in a long tirade of laughter and a succeedingly hillarious onset of jokes.
The worst, and funniest, joke, although I am afraid I may have screwed up attributing who said what and what exactly they said:
Rachel: "Everybody stop! There may a ring hidden in one of these manbrownies!"
Hillary: "Oh! Oh! I got it! I got it!"
Well, I start class on Tuesday, although I already have homework to do. So that is what I'll be doing tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment