I have a roommate who I never really see... all during the day she is working and playing somewhere, and generally she doesn't get home until about 2 am every morning, at which point I'm definitely in bed. This is Rochelle. And she should grow up and be a motivational counselor type person.
Tonight... or I suppose this morning, Rochelle came home to find everyone here awake, and writing essays. (The big paper, which I was only half done with, was due at 11am that morning...) Everyone was pretty darn stressed. But... apparently I was even more stressed than everyone else. She came down upon me and accused me of the serious crime of emanating great waves of stress throughout the apartment... "Jenna, we're gonna do some breathing."
I stare at her in bewilderment. Breathing?
Rochelle promptly turns off my light. She sets her way-cool candle down on my desk... and then... "Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out..." I am too tired to argue. I suppose I can follow directions long enough to make her happy and make her go away.
But then.
"All right! REPEAT AFTER ME!"
Oh no? Yelling now are we? Oh joy, what is she going to make me say?! "Okay..."
"MY NAME IS JENNA MARIE GRIFFIN!"
"My name is Jenna Marie Griffin?"
"I AM A DAUGHTER OF GOD!"
"I am a daughter of Go-"
"I'M GOING TO ACE ALL MY FINALS!"
"I'm going to ace all my finals..."
"I KICK ROCHELLE'S BUTT EVERYDAY AT SCHOOL! I'M AMAZINGLY COOL! I'M REALLY PRETTY! EVERYONE ONE IS AMAZED BY ME... AND RYAN STRONG IS FREAKING IN LOVE WITH ME!" At this point Rachel, Hillary, and Jackie are all cracking up at Rochelle and I. I kind of look up at Rochelle like she's crazy while blushing at that last part. She gives this ridiculous repeat-after-me-or-die look... so, having forgotten the majority of what she'd said... "Ditto?"
"AMEN! GLORY, HALLELUJAH!"
And I am left to finish that blasted research paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment