Thursday, February 21, 2008

Men Treat Me Like I'm a Princess.

Yesterday was... interesting to say the least. It was an extremely jam-packed day, if I may say so. I woke up around 4am... oh dear, that means I'll be late! So, I call my boss and tell him I'm going to be late... and I was. I then cleaned stairs for about three hours. Then I scurried over to the Talmage building where I did my physics and calculus homework. Then I went to calculus.

After that was over, I made my way to the MARB, and seated myself comfortably on the top level next to a power outlet, where I plugged in my dear Jacques (my laptop) and began to hurriedly do my biology homework. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw some guys walking around with boxes of Krispy Kremes... I felt a twinge of jealousy and then tuned them out.

"HI!"

I jumped and looked up. One of the Krispy Kreme guys was offering me a donut. Oh, yes please. I happily take it. The guy walks away, offering donuts to my study neighbors. I look down at my glazed prize.

At this point, I thought of Ryan, because he often reminisces about Krispy Kremes. The closest shop is in Orem, and neither of us have a car, so our chances of coming across them are slim. I smile as I take a bite of the artery-clogging goodness. He would be so jealous.

My donut gone, I continue working on biology. The bell rings and I continue working. I was right next to my classroom, and the class that was in there now had to get out first. It was suddenly very crowded in the hallways, so I scrunched up a little, and kept my head down. And then...

BAM!

Some black-shoed guy had very abruptly slammed down on the ground in front of me, and I jumped. My head jerked up to see the face of the culprit. Oh, it's Ryan... he was one of the people who had to vacate my classroom so I could get in there.

"...Did you hit your head on the brick when I scared you?"

"No, no, I didn't."

"Is that biology?"

"Yeah..."

"That is a huuuuge book!"

"Yep. ... ... ... I had a Krispy Kreme today!"

"What?!? Where'd you get one of those?" I told him. And then he looked so miffed. "Jenna, you should have grabbed me one!" "That's rude though..." "Then... then... you should have come and gotten me! Pulled me out of class! You knew I was in there!" I shook my head, and started to pack up my biology and put it in my enormous backpack. And he was so sad. I promised that if it ever happened again, I would come get him. He went to his class, and I walked into physics.

It was a tad boring today. After that, I dashed off to choir... then after that I dashed off to biology. And after that I dashed over to the JSB, where I did my Book of Mormon homework, and then proceeded to fall asleep on the ground next to the door of my next class. Except I wasn't asleep... very close to it, but not asleep. Every time someone passed me, I would open my eyes. At one point Ryan had come, but then saw I was asleep, and then left again. At least he thought I was sleeping.

The bell rang. I almost got up... and then decided against it. I just laid there. And then Ryan showed up again. "Wake up!"

"Uggghh... I am, I am..." And then we went into the classroom. I groggily blinked around at people as they came in.

"Are you busy tonight?" I was. So busy. "Yeah... I've got orchestra and a mandatory dance lab I have to go to... So I'm busy from seven to ten!" Ryan sighed sadly. "Oh... Dallin randomly buys things he doesn't need..."

What? That was random. Well, it wasn't, but I didn't know this at the time. Dallin [his roommate] had bought tickets to the men's chorus concert that night, and then after realizing he couldn't go, gave them to Ryan. And now Ryan was desperately trying to find a date. Unfortunately, every girl he had asked had been busy beyond all reason and couldn't go. I sympathize with him, and then class starts.

After that, I ran home with Hillary (who is also in our Book of Mormon class), starving.

Hillary made sloppy joes, and I did my Isaiah homework.

And then I ran off to orchestra and played bassoon for awhile. Then Jackie and I ran off to the dance lab. Ah, so this was why Dallin was busy. He was there too, along with Roy, Josef, Ian, and Michael. Clifton was there too, but he had sprained his ankle. I danced with all of them until about ten'o'clock, at which point we could leave.

The boys left first. And I tried to follow them and catch up, but there were these blasted heels... Oh blast it all. I took off my heels and ran after them in socks... into the outside, where it was snowing wetly. The ground was cold and wet, but... my feet hurt from being in heels for so long, and then it wasn't very far from the Wilk to my apartment. I decided it wasn't worth it to wear the heels.

I dash after the boys... "Hey! I don't want to walk home alone!" I join them.

"...You're not wearing your shoes..."

"No, I'm not."

"And the ground is cold and wet!"

"Yes, I can feel that... It's not that bad..."

And then Dallin pipes up... "Do you want us to carry you home?"

I laugh at this, and protest, "I'm wearing a skirt! Somehow I don't think that would work too well!"

Dallin and Michael look at each other, and form a nice seat out of their arms. Hm. This could be a good thing. "Come on, we could totally carry you!"

I sit down on the arm-seat. And then they lift me up. Whooooaaaa... the instability was amazing... and then Dallin complains, "Michael, you're too short. Ian's more my height, that would be better!"

So they put me down. And then Ian and Dallin formed a seat. And then they lifted me up again. It was misty, and it was snowing/raining. Michael took my shoes and carried them for me.

"Jenna, wave like this!" Michael demonstrated, in much the same way they do in Princess Diaries. So, I waved at the passing cars.

"Do you feel like a princess, Jenna?" asked Ian (or maybe it was Dallin?).

"Yes, yes, I do. This is so amazing!"

Unfortunately, this didn't last very long. The boys below me finally had to put me down. They looked rather dejected and ashamed for not being able to carry me all the way home, and apologized for being so weak.

When I walked inside, my roommates immediately demanded why I looked so smug. "Well... I just got carried home by men!"

"WHAT? Why, you manipulative little witch. ... ... Teach me," demanded Rachel.

"What? How to manipulate men?"

"Yes."

Rachel was upset with the whole night.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm glad those boys know to treat you like the princess that you are :)

Allison said...

Oooh, Jenna, I like the fancy blog :) Yay for being treated like a princess! You are so lucky to even have guys, let alone good ones... the girl/guy ratio in Flag is about 20/1, and most of the guys are over the age of 25! Sad, huh? And then, with all those odds, three of my closest friends have recently acquired boyfriends... and me? Dateless. *sigh* But life is good :) I am LOVING the snow!!
Anywho, it's late and I have church in the morning, so I'll talk to you later.
Mucho love,
Allison <3