Contrary to popular belief, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I'm just busy. Darned busy. This is the story of my life. I warn you -- not particulary interesting.
Monday -- typical HORRID, dreaded, Monday --
I wake up between 7:30am and 8am. I'm out the door by 8:45. Stopping by the outgoing mailbox to drop off my typical first-class mail, I get to social dance class by 9am. After that class, I usually stay an extra few minutes and practice dancing with a red-headed guy in my class named Matthew. After that, I usually stop by the Cougareat and grab something to eat as brunch... Then I head to the basement of the BYU Bookstore and send away my international mail. I study until noon, when I go to chemistry. After chemistry, I go to physics, and then my family history class. I then head off to the dance lab... this is my form of studying for this class. After that, I'm usually a tad hungry again. I'll grab a bite to eat, and then I tackle the horrible task of getting ready for Tuesday, which involves studying until about 8pm, although I get about half my missionary-friend updates on Mondays. I do break and spend twenty minutes reading all those. [I call my roommates to see what's going on for FHE, but the ward organization has been slow and we don't have FHE groups yet. So there hasn't been FHE thus far...] I get to work pretty early (my shift officially starts at 8:30, but I like to be there by 8:10 so I can leave earlier). I work until nearly midnight, and then I clock out, walk home, and pass out on the couch after checking the living room table for mail with my name on it. Hours on campus: 15.5
Tuesday -- the BANE of my existence --
I wake up same time. Dash to my New Testament class to be there at 9am. As soon as the bell rings, I dash to the RB for tap dance. After that, I pretty much have no hope of finding a seat in the JSB auditorium, and the Marriott Center is pretty far, so I dash to the library, turn on my computer, get my headphones, and watch the broadcasted devotional through the blessed thing known as the Internet. I am usually desperately trying to multitask as I listen to it. After the devotional is over, I dash over to the Cougareat for lunch, and then I have a little bit of time to finish up homework before I dash off to psychology class at 1:35. That lasts until 2:45, when I dash to my little locker in the library. I dump my stuff there, grab my lab manual and goggles, and dash to the Benson building. There I face a three hour lab... I am finally done with that at 6. By then I'm starving. It's dinnertime! After filling my belly with foodstuffs, I go back to my traditional spot in the library and try to finish Wednesday's homework in about an hour and a half. Then I go to work, and clean stuff until the cool library music comes on, at which point I go home, and -- you guessed it -- pass out on the couch after checking the living room table to mail with my name on it. Hours on campus: 15.5
Wednesday -- it's all DOWNHILL from here --
Wake up. Social dance at 9, dance, practice a little, stock up on energy via brunch. Study a teensy bit. Head to the Benson building, find a little napping nook -- NAP. Sleep until Hillary or Jackie walks by and wakes me up, and then I go to chemistry class. Then physics class. Then family history class. Eat! Study! Do my physics homework due next Monday. I consider going to the tap dance lab, after which I go to work, come home, and check the living room table for mail with my name on it. And, no I don't pass out on the couch. At this point I usually have enough energy to climb the stairs and actually sleep in my own bed. Hours on campus: 15.5
Thursday -- I like to call it the GOODNESS that is quasi-Friday --
Wake up. Get to New Testament, then tap dance. If I really sucked at tapping, then I stay in the tap room for an extra hour practicing until I don't suck so badly. Then I eat, study a tad, go to psychology class, and then to a chemistry recitation. This basically just means the TA for my chemistry class tells you how to do the homework. Ooh, and you know how I get about half of all my missionary updates on Monday? I get the other half on Thursday. It is glorious. After my chem recitation, I head directly to the family history lab in the JFSB (which I used to clean... strange...) for a family history workshop. Then I study a mite, and then, on lucky occasions, I go home. Yes, that's right... HOME! I actually get to eat dinner in my own abode. And sometimes I even have time to make goodies. Mmmm, goodies. And then, I have to go to work (with goodies in hand). However, in the middle of every Thursday shift, we have what we like to call a "training meeting." In which we... er... train. By, uh, watching an informative, action and romance-filled movie. Like, say... we just watched Atlantis. And the first week we watched a click flick. (I don't like chick flicks in the slightest, but hey, it beats shining whiteboards.) After that, I go home, check the living room table to mail with my name on it, and snuggle into my covers. Hours on campus: 8-15.5
Friday! -- GLORIOUS Friday! --
Wake up. Social dance at 9am, practice a tad, eat some brunch, study a tad, nap in the Benson building. That's often quite hard because it's the chemistry building... explosions abound! But, I've learned to sleep through all the various explosions and such. I wake up for chemistry class, after which I go to physics class, after which I head to the physics lab, where everyone thinks I'm smart. And then, provided I have finished with my schoolwork for the week, I head to my locker in the library, grab stuff I might need for the weekend, and head home. I check the mail, and on the rare occasion that I get something, I read my letters. At this point I have several options, because it is the start of a glorious thing called a weekend. One option would be a date. I have not, as of yet, had any dates. Sad, I know. Other options include passing out on the couch, starting into the enormous task that is writing letters for all my missionary friends, go to a social event, or just be a bum and do nothing. Hours on campus: 7-11
Saturday -- the one day a week I can get away with NEVER setting foot on campus --
Wake up. At some point in the morning, Rachelle and I (and usually a handful of others) go to the temple and do baptisms, unless there is the sad event that the temple in closed. After that, Rachelle and I might go on a grovery store run if necessary, and then we head to my place and make something tasty. This something tasty is usually cookies of some sort, but once a month we make a pie. It has gotten to the point that I feel handicapped if Rachelle isn't there when I'm making food. Rachelle and I think it would be a tragedy if we ever lived a great distance apart. We'll have to be next-door neighbors for the rest of our lives. After the food is done and we've enjoyed it, Rachelle usually goes home, and the rest of my Saturday is devoted to socializing and writing missionary letters and doing homework and all that jazz. Of course, I also check the mail. Mmm, mail.
Sunday -- almost a perfect day of REST --
Wake up. Churchify myself, climb up the hill to the Testing Center, go to church. Come home. At this point I hope to have that thing called homework completed for now, but if not, I do that. I write missionary letters, make and eat a tasty Sunday dinner, and all the wonderful things that Sunday is. I work from 7pm to 10:30pm, after which I come home and sleeeeeeep.
So there. I'm a very busy woman I suppose. Weekends don't last nearly long enough. Y'all are lucky you're even getting this; I have five tests next week which I should be studying for somehow. Truth. Sad, sad truth.
Love, Jenna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment